Recruitment services are another of the service portfolio where Synaps Technologies expertise in.The team consists of experienced veterans who are not only tried and tested in the technical platforms and nitty-gritty but also are enabled with the latest recruitment skills ensuring the screening and intake of the best available talent, and at the same time, reducing chances of attrition or lack of performance on behalf of the new candidates.
Synaps Technologies understands the technical requirements as well as the culture and DNA of the organization and accordingly screens candidates so that they easily fit into the culture of the organization. The non-technical traits of an applicant are given adequate focus as compared to the required technical trait.
The entire recruitment process encompasses several steps and procedures, depending upon the criticality of the job profile and role for which the candidates are applying. The first and foremost step is to the sourcing of applicants or resumes for the particular job profile, for which there is an opening in the organization. There are different ways of sourcing resumes (or prospective applicants):-
Once the resumes are sourced, the second process deals with short listing with the resumes. The shortlisting is mostly done based on the number of applicants, and the nature of the job profile that is being contested for.
For technical related roles wherein there are a lot of applicants, the shortlisting of resumes is done by a keyword specific algorithm which searches or scans the posted resumes for certain keywords which are related and specific for the particular job profile. For example, a job profile of a software engineer would have keywords such as java, dot net, SAP, Web programming, mobile app developer and so on.
However, for more critical managerial roles, the shortlisting of resumes are manual. Experienced recruiters and senior managers adjudicates the strengths and potential in each of the resumes, and then shortlists the selected few who could be called for further processes.
As is the case with most of the processes, the selection procedure is also tailor made for the specific process or job function for which the recruitment drive is conducted. The most common procedure (or rounds) for selection are mentioned below:-
- Written (aptitude) round – This round is mostly to test the aptitude skills of the shortlisted. It contains questions (objective type) based on quantitative skills, logical reasoning & data interpretations and general awareness. This round is mostly taken online, and more often than not, is an elimination round
- Written (technical) round–This round is specific to technical roles wherein the candidate is tested on their technical acumen required for the job. A live technical problem is given to them which is needed to solve (using the specific technology) within a stipulated period of time.
- Case Study round – This round is mostly for functional or consultant role wherein candidates need to understand the business problem at large. A live business scenario is provided to them, and candidates are required to analyze the criticality of the business problem, and suggest possible solutions for the same.
- Group Discussion–Group discussions are conducted when the number of applicants is much more, and taking personal interviews for all of them is not a feasible option. The group of shortlisted applicants is divided into groups of a particular size, and a topic is assigned to each of them, and they are provided a specific time to discuss the topic amongst them. Based on the validity of the points raised, and the group dynamics, the appropriate selection is made.
- Personal interview–This is the most important and decisive mode of selection, and it is by and large the performance of applicants on this round, that they are selected or rejected for the job profile. The personal interview can also be segregated into separate interviews such as technical one-on- one, behavioral one-on- one interviews or other HR interviews.
Based on the combined evaluations of each of the rounds, including the job fit and the organizational fit of the candidate, is a selection decision is taken. The related qualification, experience or any other certifications are always considered in each round of the selection procedure.
Apart from this, Synaps also indulges in on-campus placement drives as well, to established and well-reputed organizations in order to scout raw talent right after their graduation, and then train and nurture them to become future leaders of the organization.
© Synaps Technologies 2019 All Rights Reserved